As wives we are called to pray for our families, especially our husbands. They are the head of our family and need to be in strong communion with God. As wives we are to love and support them; one way to support our husbands is with focused prayer.
Here are 8 ways to pray for your husband as well as scriptures you can pray over them.
1. That he would seek God with all his heart. Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
2. That he would be the leader of your family, like Christ is the leader of the church. Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
3. The he would succeed at his job. Colossians 3:23 Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
4. That he would grow in wisdom. Proverbs 4:7 Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do! And whatever else you do, develop good judgement.
5. That he would have an accountability partner. Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. 6. That he would live Christ's love for your children and that he would help them grow into wonderful adults. Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
7. That he would hold your marriage in highest esteem. Proverbs 10:9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.
8. That he would share Christ's love with others. Matthew 28:19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.